For those who dream in color, whether novice or advanced artists, this master teacher can take you on a enlightened journey of discovery or renewal! Come and join us for for a fun four day adventure in bold color and lively brushwork!
- All levels of experience are welcome from the novice to the professional level painter.
- Oil, acrylic or pastel are recommeded media for this workshop.
- Lois Griffel, a nationally and internationally known artist and instructor will lead this 4-day workshop. Lois is an American Impressionist Society Master Signature Member and former director of the Cape Cod School of Art in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
- Morning sessions, in a classroom setting, will be from 9 a.m until noon. Morning coffee and snacks will be provided. Lunch at participant expense.
- The historic Wynne Home Arts Center, located in the heart of the Cultural District of Huntsville, Texas will be location for morning instruction and demonstrations,
- Afternoon sessions, in an outdoor setting, will be from 1 p.m to 4 p.m.
- Afternoon sessions will be outdoors or 'En Plein Aire' (weather permitting). Potential sites include the artsy Huntsville's downtown square, the beautiful grounds of Sam Houston State University and the historic Sam Houston Park.
- A suggested material list will be available at www.lois.griffel.com.
- Contact Roberta Plant (936.661.2292 or [email protected]), Friends of the Wynne for registration. For addional information on the workshop, contact Lois Griffel (520.207.4055 or [email protected]).
- Class size is limited to 15 participants. A waiting list will be kept as needed.
- If you are paying by credit card, your space may be reserved on this site by clicking on the TICKETS tab to the left. If you want to pay by check, call or email Roberta Plant, 936.661.2292 or [email protected]
- Scroll down and enjoy photos of Lois, her workshops and her art.
Friends of The Wynne Home Arts Center and Sam Houston State University College of Fine Arts and Mass Communication are thrilled to co-sponsor this exciting workshop!
***When this event sells out, a wait list will be kept. Contact Roberta Plant [email protected] or 936.661.2292. February 15 is the deadline to cancel so spaces may become available at that time.